At Tees Valley GP Fellowship, we offer medical fellowships across Teesside.
From world class NHS organisations and dedicated local teams to stunning landscapes, quaint towns and lively cities, the Tees Valley has it all. Whether you are a GP looking for your ideal first role, or a practice looking for a new team member, the Tees Valley GP Fellowship programme is the place for you..
About our Programme
A 2 year, fully funded programme of support designed by a Tees Valley team to help new GPs to settle and develop in the area. We want to help our practices, PCNs and Federations to employ excellent people who will play their part in improving the health of our population.
Ring-fenced time each week to develop in 4 key areas;
- Partnership learning
- PCN learning
- Peer learning and support
- Dedicated mentorship from a qualified, local GP colleague
- Opportunity to express interest in particular areas and be supported to learn
- Become part of a network of fellows across Tees Valley
- Advice from experienced GPs working in Tees Valley
- Access to Primary Care Training Hub development sessions
For practices, PCNs and Federations:
- Offering the Fellowship scheme helps you to recruit new GPs
- Support for your new GP to settle in
- Grow your own GPs with interests that reflect your population health needs
- Financial assistance
How it works
Any newly qualified GP (within 12m) joining a practice, PCN or Federation in a salaried or partnership substantive post for a minimum of 2 years. Posts need to be within the Tees Valley CCG area.